Thursday, May 8, 2008

Red Letters

Let me make sure that all understand from the last post that I only want to punish the evil people that are hurting the children not the children! I do believe with all my heart the children should be cared for and kept safe that is my whole problem. I am so angry that people are doing these things to children that it causes my blood to boil. I do believe that God teaches compassion but to a point. Like in Sodom and Gomorrah where the towns to me sound a lot like the stories that are in this book, the town men wanting to rape the visitors instead Lot offers his daughters. God gave them chances to hear the truth and still they sinned. So God brought punishment and destroyed them. I am not saying that all who have problems are sinners we all know that is not true I am speaking about men who take advantage of children in ways that destroy the childes life. I am saying yes they should hear the truth and receive some help but if they choose not to change then consequence should be given. It is really hard for me to believe that a man that would rape a girl would stop if he knew he would give her HIV. I really do not think that he would care. I am not saying people cannot change I just think that they should not be aloud to destroy others (most important) children that cannot defend themselves. I think we should protect the children all that we can. But as for who we are protecting them from that is another story. I feel that the author is leaning that way as he works for a child group but the way that he writes to me seems that he whats to feed and clothe all and no consequences should be given because with food all things evil would stop and I am not convinced that is true. Like I said before it has really angered me that people do this to children trying to get food. What kind of people do that. I am sorry the uneducated story does not work for me when it involves rape. You do not need someone to tell you that raping a 10 year old girl is wrong! I am still reading so maybe he gives some hope for the people as a whole. I know children can change the world and I am hoping the world can save the children.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I can almost hear your anger in my head as I read this post.

I love your passion and pray that you will find the com-passion, even if it is just to help the helpless kids:)

I am going to start planning your Africa trip. ha

Art Teacher said...

Oh Kari...I think that you and Tom Davis should have a debate and then join teams and save the world!

Brandi said...

I'm going to Africa later this year with them. . .wanna come? Uganda later this fall!!

Brandi