Thursday, March 20, 2008

Apples of Gold

I have the privileges of helping tonight at the celebration dinner for Apples of Gold. Apples of Gold is a ministry where women of the church that have been married for many years mentor to new or wives in need (that was me I took the course and had been married 8 years). The course is 7 weeks and you learn about kindness, loving your husband and children, purity, hospitality and submission. I know this course and these mentors saved my marriage and I am always looking to help them any way I can. A typical night is we arrive at 6:00pm to the mentors house where we get a cooking lesson from them, which will be our dinner, this takes an hour. Then "the girls", the ones taking the course, are served dinner by the mentors and we have table talk about the nights topic. Then we have a time of instruction and questions and answers this goes to about 9:30pm. The mentors give of their time to make the food and prepare the lessons and every session they give gifts to the "the girls". They also call "the girls" during the week and check to make sure that everything is alright in our lives. These mentors are amazing women of God that they would do all this for us. Anyway tonight is the celebration dinner where "the girls" bring there husbands and the mentors bring their husbands for a formal dinner as like a graduation of the class. I now help serve this dinner to the mentors and "the girls" and this time I made the dessert which I am concerned did not turn out but I pray it all goes well. If you are interested in more information on Apples of Gold the web site is applesofgold.org. This is such a wonderful ministry.

No comments: