Friday, July 18, 2008

God answers prayer!

Today I spent a long time in prayer. Many things in my life are difficult right now. Where do I start? Our business is dissolving our partner wants out and has been awful to me. We have a house in Naples we cannot afford any more and cannot sell. John and I separated a month ago and the kids hate me because of it. So for the last month I have boycotted God. I felt as thou he had left me. Well, two days ago I felt Him whisper to me. I began to feel the lonely pit inside of me and I knew I needed to get things right with Him. So for the last two days I have read the Bible, prayed and listened for God. He does answer prayer and sometimes so loudly it is like He is yelling at me. I prayed that he would show me his will and that I would know it without a doubt!

We our attorney called and said the fight is over. It did not end all in our favor but it is over and I think here on earth the devil wins those battles. I am just glad it was not a long court case.

We got an offer on the house in Longshore! It was a terrible offer but we countered and hopefully they take it. But it has been on the market for two years and this is the first offer so I am happy.

Lastly, John and I are really working to make the marriage work. I love him more than anything here on earth. We have our problems but hopefully with God's grace and strength we can make it.

Now I know that the answers weren't all that I wanted but for things to change that much in two days is God I know this. I know He is here holding me and caring me through this. Today is the first time in a long time that I feel Him with me and I think I can make it.

The last 18 months of my life has been nothing but trails and I know they have made me a better person and a person that walks closer to God so I praise Him for that. God has blessed me with so much in those trails that I would never want to change them. Like it says in James 1:2-4 "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trails, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." I love this whole chapter of James as he encourages me to keep going that God will never leave me. Romans 8:28 "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." He is taking everything bad in my life and using it for good. I am excited to see what he has in store for me in this new journey in my life. I pray that I would follow his will and bring glory to His Holy name.

4 comments:

Kim Buckley said...

Kari,
You, John, Paige and Luke are on my prayer list. It sounds like the Lord's still, small voice has captivated you. Praise God! I know I promised 2 wks ago to call you, I'm gonna make good on that! :) (Lucky you, LOL)

Laura said...

I love you, Kar. I am continuing to pray for you guys. Slim and I stand beside you and are here if you need us.

Melanie said...

Praise God,
Pursue God with all your heart and know that His Grace is Sufficient for YOU

orlando cabrera said...

Awesome perspective. I pray that God continue to reveal His heart and will to you and continues to give you the strength and faith to press on. God Bless You and John!